Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Finally A Subject Change


Tired like me bunky with all the "BUY ME, Get These Additional Services, You Need This, Save Save by spending more at...." I can't afford the savings.....
AT&T U-Verse won't give up, every week I get 2-3 advertisements.
I'm on the Do Not Call List and still get solicitations.
I let telemarketers talk until they tell me what their selling and then immediately say "Can you take me off your list" I've had them get testy, I don't care! But it works.
Junk mail: I throw out 75% of our mail. And I've stopped at least 1/2. I've got all the Credit Cards stopped too. I'm slowing down bills sent to the house too.
I'm still getting mail for my father who died 4-5 years ago.
Many web sites have advertising on them now. I ignore it. The big pisser is an ad on the ISP I pay for.
Radio and TV. Every 1/2 hour has 10-12 min. of ads. Notice TV turns up the volume when we go to the bathroom or kitchen during "THEIR" time. The Mute button gets lots of use.
After I retired I made it into a game to cut expenses NOT add more. I did by $1500 per month.
Newspapers, gee wonder why their dying? Almost every page has ads. The only good ones or the ads for items "On Sale". Does this make sense, that they have to pay extra for advertising to lower the price? Why not good low pricing all the time?
Bill Boards, on buses, now on pick ups the whole vehicle is an ad, every truck, more and more.
I buy less and less, but could afford more. I'll chose who I'll buy from.
I do use coupons, email discounts, Ebay, the Dollar Stores, Walmart, buy the cheapest gas (but don't go out of my way, it's all made by the same mfg'r!).
I do all my own work at home and on the vehicles. Figured I've saved over $100,000 in my life, get exercise, the satisfaction of doing it.
I do not have credit card debt and cars & house is paid for.
Best of all I'm retired because I think I'm wise with money. I don't waste much.
Last month's utilities were only $146, that's water, trash, electric, gas, phone, and DSL.
I don't have a cell phone at $50+ per month! I don't have Sat/cable at $40-50/month. I don't have OnStar, Sat. radio, and services I don't use.
BUT I can go on nice vacations and buy RV's and take it where I want.
It's all about self-control. Not like the wave above, wow!

No comments: