Thursday, October 18, 2007

Finished another 2 bikes


This last one was a 2 stroke, had to put in a new piston. They ran it without oil. Then just fixed up a lot of small problems. Previous bike was a 650 Suzuki cruiser, and it needed the carbs cleaned and general service.

This is getting to close to that "W" word. But there's no bosses and I can (work) play when I want. I can make a few bucks and do what I'm good at. So far everyone likes how I go beyond doing what they ask.

Been trying to ride dirt bikes to Cloudcroft for a month on Sat. You would not think the weather would effect us here but every Sat. it threatens rain or wind. On a 300# bike with only 30 hp it's no fun.

No takers on the BMW, it's fall, the second worst time of the year to sell bikes. But I do have everything fixed on it now, so if it doesn't sell I fell better about it. It's just way too top heavy, dropped it 20 miles from home and got it up by myself.
Bike above is a 79 Suzuki 1000 I rebuilt for Linda and sold (she was not using again) to get a Suzuki GSX1100's I like better. Ended up with 4, then sold 2 to buy the BMW.
Sell the BMW and get? No not a car!

No comments: