Saturday, July 5, 2008

700 Miles and counting


The Yamaha Venture is running better with every mile. The engine now slows down between gear shifts, it's idling better, has more power, gets 49 MPG, and is riding smoother/softer. The 2 leaks of oil and antifreeze have nearly stopped.

The seat is the best I've ever ridden on. After 200 miles my butt did not hurt at all.

It has forward hi-way pegs so I can stretch my legs. My right knee hurts if I leave it bent too long. The handle bars at the perfect level and bend back.

I'm using the backrest off the Suzuki 1100. It is a cooler from Walmart and foam pad we made. It is at the perfect angle and fore/aft position on the Venture.

The Saddlebags and Trunk hold plenty. They are like suitcases, they key release from the bike. The BMW liners I got for my birthday, fit in the Ventures.

The only things it needs is a cruise control and the radio AM/FM tuner does not work. It uses Cassettes, which are really outdated. They unwind when not in the player or in their storage case.
Even in 84 they had computers. It monitors the kickstand, the brake fluid levels, engine oil level, battery acid level, headlight and taillights if they burn out, gas low level, has a digital bar gas gauge. If any are wrong, a red LED flashes. The engine water temperature, voltmeter speedometer and tachometer are analog.
If either headlight filament burns out it automatically switches to the other and a white light on the dash comes on indicating so. And it has a digital gear position indicator, dash lights dimmer, a stop watch, clock and headlight up and down adjuster when a passenger is on/off the bike.
AND the turn signals self cancel. After moving a certain speed and distance they turn off automatically.
Did I say I really like this bike?

No comments: