Thursday, April 2, 2009

My turn to post


Just read my 2 offspring's blogs. Verrrie interestingggg. They have interests much different from their parents. My daughter is on a weight loss program, 1/2 way thru, congratulations!!!. She has 3 pets, I want nothing to do with. My son helps in plays and is THE expert in computers in the family, though my wife and daughter are very good too. Me I'm just a user. Don't care only thing about the latest and greatest machine. BUT they are not the expert in fixing, modifying almost anything like their dad.
This week I finally decided to install the spare bathroom toilet. Well I had to go back to Lowe's to buy the part I returned because I didn't need it for the master bath. $3.11 and gas. Then the valve would not come off the wall, so I left the old one on. But the outlet was different than the new one I bought in Jan. Back to Lowe's. Brought it home and it's wrong too. Back to Lowe's for the fourth time. Maybe....
On my Venture I've rewired the lights 3-4 times now. Now all the lights go off when the starter switch is engaged to reduce the load on the battery. I had installed 2 LED driving lights to reduce the load. They are not bright. So I added 2 more driving lights for night and to get attention. Put both sets of lights on a relay with a convenient switch to toggle between them.
Had to slow my Ebay buying down. I've got hundreds of dollars in spare parts.
Spring is finally here and it's colder than Feb!!??. Winds blowing more frequently. Had 50 mph yesterday, More winds tomorrow and Sat.
Get to ride in my brother's T-bird next week.

No comments: