Friday, September 4, 2009

Would you put up with this?

Poor service from a very large financial institution? First they closed the local office in El Paso. Now all transactions have to be done via internet or phone. They kept the Midland office open. Aren't they like 1/4 our size? I'm passed over to a Minn. Mn office out of my time zone. The Advisor returns calls days later. Sometimes answers his emails. I ask for a Denver office advisor but get a Phoenix one which is only 1/2 the year on our same time. Now he's not returning calls or answering his emails. How far is MN and AZ from us? How can I get face to face communications?
I started using their Advisor Service with a fee of about 1% of my gross investments but in a year they go up on that 40%. I dropped it immediately, their response was it was only .4% more! Ya, several hundred dollars more.
Their own mutual funds pay out less than the market and their CD's are 3/4 or less than I can get by shopping around. Their CD's are paying a whopping 1-2%. Isn't inflation like 6-8+%?
I found their ex-employee they fired, when they closed the local office.. Also taking names of more local investment firms.
Who you using?

No comments: