Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm doing it again???


I'm thoroughly convinced that to be happy I need a hobby(s) like I've been doing lately. I've got to stay busy, be active physically and mentally, not just sit around and die like too many retirees do. Or some go back to work, or never quit because they don't have other interests/hobbies. My father was one of them. He worked until he was 70. His final year he got a new boss and kicked him out. This new boss was a real jerk, my father generated millions in business for his company.
But when he retired he didn't have any hobbies. He did go thru 3 RV's like who?
I'm on my 4th if I include the ones my mother in law had, and I maintained.
I really like this one, our best. Oh by the way I've been looking at what other ones cost versus ours. Most are $10-50k more. Just saw a 1993 38' Diesel on Craigslist he wanted $38,500 for! We paid $28,500 for our '05!
Ok back on subject: In order to be happy, to have a hobby it involves money. So far $3500 in everything to get it like we want. And again I'll say I wasn't going to do as much to this one as the last 16 footer Class "B", BUT we're up to 200 mods and fixes. Most don't show, like adding another closet rod, shelves, anti-rattle fixes, handles, lubrication, painting, touching up, converting backup lights to stop lights ( we never drive at night) and many more. I found a website for making mods to RVs, so I got many more ideas. Like covering up any holes with screening to keep critters out. The last RV had 5 pounds of wasp mud underneath.
And yes I have not added any aerodynamic aids to this one YET. How can I make a giant box less boxy? Bet my RV has more drag than the SR-71 Black Bird in the pic. But I get better gas mileage... at 50 mph...
So why did I write this? You'll find out...

No comments: