Thursday, January 14, 2010

Read the previous post first...


So why will I work on the 33', 15k lb, big everything RV?
1. It's a challenge, never worked on anything this big before.
2. Familiarity: It's not a whole lot different than working on a car, so the principles are the same.
3. It's new to me.
4. I saves me a bundle doing it myself.
5. Chassis (engine-suspension-frame) parts are accessible, I can even sit up under it, it does not need to be lifted up so I can get underneath.
6. It has 40 major systems, 140 total components, that need to be checked periodically, I can fix/replace.
7. I have the tools, knowledge and the time.
8. I look for potential problems before they get out of hand or get expensive.
9. It get's me out of El Paso. I can take a bike so I can ride on less familiar roads.
10. It's a potential: get rid of the expensive house, costing $10k per year to maintain. And yes the RV is even more expensive to maintain/operate.
11. It keeps me busy. I have 20-30 male friends but do you think I can get anyone to ride during the week?
12. I now have every service manual for all of the 40 major systems on either paper or .pdf files.
There is a copy in the RV.
13. Linda likes RV'g too. We will be going to Garland, IL, WI, MN and Nat. Parks this summer. Our daughter in law is due her first child in June.
14. It's a moving house, large enough to live in, get's decent gas mileage, won't have to listen to neighbor's dogs, or look at the same view once the non-moving house is gone.
15. We can bring it back to El Paso for family and medical for in network reduced rates.

IS THAT ENOUGH REASONS I would rather work on the RV over a CAR?

No comments: