Sunday, May 27, 2007

Disappointed



Only 3 of us showed up Sat. to go riding. What's wrong? Then we only went to 3 M/C dealers and did not go anywhere really. Many "excuses" were made to not show up.


Later Linda and I went to China Wok. The food was dried out and not tasty as usual. We did see 2 good DVD's. Deja Vu and Night in a Musesum.


Sunday is better. I went by myself on my sport bike, to Sierra Blanca, except for a Semi tailgating me it was good. I drove Rte. 1111 from Sierra Blanca and Carlsbad Hiway, 42 miles, without seeing another car.


Today we are watching 2 more DVD's In Pursuit of Happiness and Rocky Balboa.


I still have not opened up the pool. Usually it is been in the 90's by now and low 70's at night, but not this year. Opening the pool would require heating the water from 80 to 90. Since natural gas prices are still at high winter rates that's going to be expensive.


El Paso gas prices are the highest in Texas. Took $13 to fill up the bike today. Linda spent over $40 to fill up the car. I do not fell sorry for the SUVs, trucks and pick ups spending over $100, they are the one's causing our high prices. At least my bikes get 45-70 mpg. The car gets 21-23 mpg.

The bike above is the sport bike, but is even better now. It has a really nice, newer, red tank now.

1 comment:

Wesley said...

Karl said that his Caddy costs over $50 to fill up now. And that the pumps automatically turn off at $50 so he never gets to fill it up. We managed to avoid the $3.69 for gas on the way home, I think the most we paid was about $3.49. Iowa was a little cheaper but it is full of ethanol.