Thursday, July 26, 2007

Very Busy

Second 700 mile trip on the bikes have me travel weary. 4700 miles in the last month. Takes 2 or more days to recoup after riding so far.
Any ways I have the new bike home and it's the nicest I've ever owned. It's a BMW K1200LT. 1200cc. 4 cylinder. LT=Luxury Tourer. 100 hp and 85# torque. Gray with a hit of blue. Paid $7500 for a $8-10,000 bike. The previous owner said and I hear this 90% of the time is that he don't have time to ride it. An other excuse. But their lose is my gain. Was over $17,000 new in 2000. It has AM/FM digital radio, cassette, 6 disc CD, cruise control, power windshield (adjusts about 10" up and down), 4 way flashers, auto shut off turn signals, ABS, large trunk, large saddlebags, adjustable rear suspension, intercom, passenger audio controls, 3 power outlets, heated grips, digital gear indicator, clock, temp., mpg, miles to empty, avg. speed, idiot lights for everything, it's fuel injected and gets over 50mpg!
It has room for Linda and I. The seats are semi-soft and wide enough. It is heavy especially getting started, but after 10-15 mph does not feel like the 837#'s. Today I was able to do a U-turn in the street without putting my feet down.
I only have to get the ABS working. The CD was not working but was a blown fuse only. I got 6 good CD's from the previous owner because he could not get them out.
Too bad I'm too tired to drive it now.

1 comment:

Wesley said...

I need to see a picture.