Friday, November 30, 2007

Sure wish I lived North! Or anywhere but here right now


Well 4-5 days bad last week and now 3 days this week. Rain, Snow, go away, come again (never), go back to where you belong. But at least it's in the 50-60's this week.

Did go riding Thursday, one guy, Cle, bought a newer Cruiser bike when we were out. Then 3 of us visited the brand new Academy Sports stores. About 150,000 sq. ft. If they don't have it, it's not made for sports. WOW. Now we don't have to go to LC to their Sportman's Warehouse.

Tuesday night 6 from our riding group went to a M/C safety class. Even after 43 years riding I learned a couple new things. One very important lesson was releasing a locked rear brake after it swerves way out must be continued to stay locked up, if it is released it then gets traction and will cause to bike to flip and/or roll over. I've aways released it before it got out of control, so I've never experienced it. In this respect I'm better than I thought.

Another point. I can get on a bike I've never ridden before, go only 1/2 way down Ivanhoe return and tell you everything that's good and bad about that bike. Only Howard and I can do that. Both of us rebuild bikes, so we need to be aware of any dangerous problems very soon so we don't get hurt. Mike rebuilds too and didn't noticed his BMW 1200 wanders. But so does mine.

Linda and I are still doing the dating thing. Working out very well, NOW if she could only keep her temper down! Joking Dear.... My Anger management class really helped even after I got Mad in Class!

No comments: