Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Home For Christmas


Nice having Wes, Kim and Victoria home for Christmas, Please note: Not "Holidays". We all got "Wonderful" Gifts, especially my Starry Nights software Linda got at McDonald Observatory a couple of months ago. Wes is loading it onto my computer and we can watch it on the Sony 55" HD TV. Carl is interested in astromony too. Mars, Venus and Saturn are out now. Linda and I have seen a star cluster, the Andromeda Nebula, the bursting comet, and the full Moon lately also. Software helps find and identify objects much easier. I have downloaded my stars, nebulas and interesting images so I can view them later and in my screen saver. Works with our telescope too.


I have really torn my BMW motorcycle apart this time. The reverse quit working, rear swing arm pivot bearings gone bad, transmission has a leak, Aux. lights quit working (bad ground), drilling a hole in the clutch system to prevent future problems and maybe found a fix for the ABS that doesn't work.


Wes and I are having fun with Radio Controlled Helicopters. The Starry Night software is better than I thought, many options, hundreds of objects to look at.

Crashed both helicopters, and broke them. Went to ToyRUs for another one and they were totally sold out.

Linda bought a wired Dune Buggy toy for me, that is boring, can't steer it.
Bubble Nebula above.


No comments: