Monday, June 16, 2008

Update on projects


Only got 6 bikes around here now. A friend of a friend asked if I would get his 600 Suzuki running. The carbs and tank were the dirtiest I ever worked on. Every jet was plugged with old gas and dirt. Who knows what else it needs. Could be several hundred $ before it runs.

The Yamaha Venture we bought in PHX is 1/2 apart. The water pump I can't get from stop leaking. Wasting antifreeze after trying to fix it 3 times. The gas tank took 2 gallons of cleaner to get the dirt and rust out. Put in 2 new gas filters. The front forks leaked so much they got the brakes soaked in oil too. New seals took 2 weeks to get here. Had to figure how to get everything apart. Needs new fork oil too. The new battery I bought came in and won't charge up. Some gauges don't work. Bought another fuel sending unit, original was bad.

My red 1100cc Suzuki I use on long day trips had the throttle sick open going down TransMtn. I used the emergency stop switch to control my speed. Had to put it on the back of a friend's pickup to bring it home. Loose nut jammed throttle open.

The other red 1100 Suzuki I sold never got good gas mileage, still working on it after a year. The battery died before I could finish it, this time. Waiting a week because we can't by them locally. So I loaned him my 97k brown Suzuki.

But my Yamaha Virago, Suzuki 400 dual sport and the brown 1100 have been running great.

No comments: