Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Well almost finished another...


bike. Lowell bought a 1988 Yamaha Venture touring bike like mine except...

Mine was in way better shape, red, cleaner, less problems, closer to home, less miles but has smaller bags, no cruise control & 100cc less.

His is a 2 tone gray, from Columbus OH, has a shifting and rear end problem now. The previous owner said it was in good enough shape to ride to El Paso, but had no brakes, ran rough, no fluids were changed, low tire pressure, handled (wobbled) bad, was filthy, some instruments did not work, fork seals leaked, battery low and on and on. Glad I turned down riding it to EP.

Edger's bike, I talked about previously, will not run when it gets hot. Waiting for him to get it out of here. Gave him 4 hours free service.

Mark's Suzuki 1100 I sold him, which I never could get good gas mileage on, I finally gave up on, told him I don't want to work on it anymore.

My Venture, in which the main fuse keeps blowing, did not blow the last time I drove it. I think the fuses were bad and wires were stressed (pulled too tight).

My 2 Suzuki 1100's are still rock reliable, as my 400 dual sport. The Brown 1100 now is at 98600 miles.
The Yamaha Virago I bought last winter would not start occasionally, the emergency stop switch was dirty, fixed that.

Will need batteries for Virago and 400 soon.

By the way we still have not taken the Accord in for service, nothing wrong in 20 months!

No comments: