Thursday, June 18, 2009

150+ And Counting


That's right folks I tend to over do things... Kept track of how many projects/fixes on the RV. I've been over, under, inside, out, front and rear, top to bottom on the RV and trailer. There is one consistency to the RV. That is if it wasn't painted it is rusty, especially underneath. Found more Mud-dubber nests, nestled up to the frame today, at least 2 pounds of dirt.
Can't get that transmission oil pan to stop leaking. Got it slowed down...
Found another seal on the transmission output shaft next to the universal joint leaking very minorly, will just keep my eye on it for now.
Covered the rear cooling fins on the A/C with screening so if it hails again it won't ruin them. Took almost 2 hours to straighten them out.
Started painting the 3 sets of red double stripes. A silver/gray strip I've already paint is in between. But when I covered the gray with tape it pulled the gray stripe paint off. So... I decided to just clear coat the red and gray. What a difference! In some spots it almost looks new, was very faded.
Found more storage. When I put in a heavy duty turn signal flasher for the added trailer lights, I had to take the glove box tray out. Looking inside there is a cavity 3 times larger than the tray, where nothing can fall out. Before the paperwork in it was in the way of the door catch. 2 problems solved.
Now the big project: how to get 30 mpg and all the "stuff" in the house in it!!!

That is NOT my bike inside that car. Can you imagine how fast he must have been going? RIP!

No comments: