Tuesday, June 30, 2009

This is what a call a friend


For several months I have been emailing back and forth with a long distance friend in Indianapolis. He volunteered to help me via Internet and phone calls. It was Dec., I had my Yamaha Venture engine out fixing 2nd gear that goes out at 40-60k miles. My Venture at the time only had 19k miles. Being my anal self and having 5 bikes with lots of time on my hands let's fix it now. This is a touring bike Linda and I were planning to take to South Padre Island and then to Dallas to see our daughter. I wanted it reliable and fix everything long term.
It had sat for 24 years and only had 14.5k miles and body wise was perfect. Age had taken it's toll on many parts.
Anyways engine removal is not my most favorite mechanical things to do especially with my arthritis getting worse in my shoulders and hands. I'll just take my time...
When I got to parts unknown in disassembly, fixing the actual problem, (a $5 soft part Yamaha used instead of hardened part) and reassembly, Dan was there... Yes in Indianapolis, he had done he's in the last year.
He were there when I needed them, NOW.
Since then Dan and I have conversed many times. He's a better mechanic than me, even though I'm the best of all my friends in El Paso.
He's got a problem, he talks, I listen. I got a problem, I ask.
But he's the only one I know who will talk to me on a technical level and understand what I'm saying.
Thanks Dan
AND he has a RED 1984 YAMAHA VENTURE!!

No comments: