Sunday, September 30, 2007

Beemer


Linda and I took the BMW touring bike to Las Cruces to the Enchilada Festival today. It's running good now. Not leaking oil from the final drive gear box anymore right now, maybe. We also used the intercom except for Linda's mic falling out several times it's really nice to communicate. Another set of eyes watching traffic I really appreciate especially in EP.

The best part of our day was getting there and back. The Festival is less than 1/2 of what it used to be and is now in the very large park near where Wes and Kim lived in LC before they moved to that cold place up North.

I came back and fixed her Intercom, and the wires to mine were too short. Had to take the seat off for the 3 time and proceeded to lose screws, hardware and tools in the process. This bike is a couple of #'s lighter now. I have a small bag of leftovers. Tomorrow I will do a couple more minor fixes. I may have to keep it. No takers so far. The more I fix it the better I like it. Now if I could get about 200 #'s off the top of it, I would really like it. It's scary at anything under 10 mph. 837# plus Linda and I make it over 1200. It's got the best Brembo brakes, Thank GOD!

At anything over 40 it's very easy to drive.

Still hit 91 today, but isolated showers until Wed. We want to take it the the Davis Mtns. to McDonald Observatory. We will be coming back at night. Tuesday they have a evening observation for families starting at 7:30.

Linda and I have not killed each other YET. She just finished her 3rd month of retirement. Actually we are doing better. Not enough to do or bitch about.

No comments: