Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just Busy


Met a new friend 2-3 weeks ago, Rudy. He has a Venture too like mine. His is an 86, mine is a 84. He came over to look at some stuff in my garage and saw my 2 Suzuki's. But Lowell had my brown one and and his black one was here. Rudy sat on my red and Lowell's black Suzuki. Instant LOVE!
A few days later he drove my brown bike. He really likes it.
So to Craigslist I go. Found a search engine that can go through every city they have. Took an hour to download the software. In one more hour I had about 12 to choose from. One without a title. One very abused, several too far away, many too expensive. We settled on one in Seattle for $3k but seller would take $2500. Many phone calls, many hours being caught in the middle making decisions on both ends. Seller was reluctant to release bike without payment clearing his bank. Sent check over night then he's not there to get the check from Mail Courier, URRR!
I booked shipper "Uship" any ways. $545 for 1633 miles. Bike weighs 600#'s.
Rudy lost his cell phone last Friday, then his home phone went out Tuesday. I got frustrated several times, trying to get a hold of him. He has AT&T DSL so that's out too.
Shipper to pick up early next week, deliver late next week.
Spent several days, hours on this project but it kept me very busy.
Bike has 21k miles and looks in very good condition. Just like the one in the picture.
Next week check it out, get inspected, title it and finally RIDE IT!

No comments: