Sunday, February 1, 2009

Mr. Fix It


Recently I've been busy fixing many things. Well mostly motor cycles, Dahhh...
Sam's Yamaha Virago starter mechanism wasn't working at all. Yamaha wanted $450 for parts. I got on the Internet and found a Australian who fixed his for a lot less. I bought a bearing for $15 but did not work. I then found a supplier for $10 for the needle rollers I needed. They sent me an email saying the price went up. I remembered that McMaster had everything industrial and got the parts for $10 shipped. I cut some 7mm drill rod to the exact length I needed. I made a couple other modifications recommended, put it together and it would not start. I had flooded it. It did turn over though. Later everything worked correctly. He's got it back with lots of thanks.
I was contacted by a friend of a friend who asked me to fix his 1500 Kawasaki cruiser. It would not start too. He had several dirty starter electrical switches. It was sitting outside. Cleaned them and it started good. Serviced several systems highly neglected.
Same guy had a 4 wheel ATV that would not start. The battery was severely corroded and old. With a new battery and cleaning of the carb it started right up. Serviced it too.
Lowell brought his Venture back over. It was wandering at high speeds. He had just put new tires on it. They have very deep tread. After checking several bearing settings we could not find any problems. It's got to be the tires.
So far I've still not installed the toilet. The weather is too good.
And my Venture has over 125 projects. But not running. I gave my battery to Sam he hasn't ridden in weeks. I think I can find another bike to ride until the new battery comes in. This is the 4th I've bought in the last month.
Still cold in the mornings (27 yesterday) but in 60's by afternoon.
Isn't that our Solar System above?

No comments: