Friday, February 27, 2009

Way too focused on...


On motorcycles but what the hay? Really as long as it keeps you busy, happy, keeps thoughts off dumb bad thoughts, is creative, makes friends, helps people, is a legal pastime, doesn't cost/spend beyond your budget, doesn't take too much time from the family, isn't preverted, fattening or immoral, GO for it.
Yes I talk, walk and drive motorcycles. Certainly less expensive than airplanes, more useful than boats (this is a desert and nearest water is 100+ miles). Cars are OK but after having many High Performance cars, 2 Corvettes, Z28, TransAm, Mustang, and a STS Cadillac motorcycles are just more fun. They are less expensive, can have 4 in the space of 1 car, easier to work on, more dangerous, makes friends, keeps me busy, I have no quames about wasting gas (45-75 mpg), or leaving for a few hours to get my sanity back.
Except for Cages (cars-trucks) doing stupid things around me I enjoy doing this and hopefully will until the end...
Someday it may meaning 2 wheels will be a scooter, but have you seen them lately? Much more powerful, safer and better looking.
I can do 90% of what I need to on a bike. Everything except grocery shopping and picking up large items. I drive 2000 miles a month. In a car at 20 mpg this would be $200 @ $2/ga. $400 at $4. At $4 in the bikes it was $160 (worst month). Down under $75 now.
Bike insurance is $250 for all 5 bikes. The Corvette was $750. Depreciation was $300/month, bikes is $25?
Except for bad weather, i.e. high winds, heavy rain I use them year around.
My biggest problem is>>> Which One Do I Ride Today???
Our one and only car Is a Honda. Ask me why.

No comments: