Monday, June 25, 2007

Almost ready!







Well I was going to take my red 93 touring Suzuki 1100 to the left but I could not get the carbs right. It has a bad hesitation until it get's over 3500 rpm. This would be too aggravating at every start up. So I took all the touring stuff off the touring bike and put it on my sport bike to the right. The nice thing about my bikes are all the parts are interchangeable. But it still took me 11 hours to do it. Things I had to change: the 2 backrests, seat, supports for the hard saddlebags, battery, handlebars, windshield, engine guards with front footrests, lengthen the front brake hose and rebleed them, and front tire. Then I had to check everything again I've done for weeks getting the touring bike ready.


Sold my black 92 Suzuki 1100 for my $2750 asking price. He is coming for it today. Gee I'm back down to 4 bikes, and no car.


Sat., 4 of us drove to the Guadalupes Again! By the time we got back it was 100. They got 2" rain the night before and was only in the low 80's at 7000'. Bikes are still getting 50 mpg.


The desert is usually brown this time of year but is green.


Linda's home today, real surprise! Last 3 days.

1 comment:

Wesley said...

Are you taking a camera along? So you can have loads of VERY interesting pictures of all the excitement of driving across west Texas? That would be a real treat.