Friday, June 8, 2007


Busy all week, but still doing the same, "working" on the house and bikes. I'm wanting to take my touring bike with the full windshield and saddlebags. Last week I took off the carbs, 4-5 hours work to clean them up and lean them out since gas is over $3.20 here. It ran fine. Thursday I started it up and it ran bad again, like mis-firing on one of the four cylinders. Found #1 was running rich, so I cleaned it again and still was mi-firing. I put in a new spark plug and it ran good for 4 miles then ran bad. I was so frustrated I stopped yesterday.

Today I took the brand new plug out, it was covered in black soot. Screw it, I leaned just that one cylinder carb, went out for a few miles and was ok. Have to ride it 20-30 miles to see if it will be OK long term.

Went to class today, it was one of the best I've gone to, I complemented the instructor, Jimmy. He does a good job of keeping us on track. A couple of guys try to dominate and joke around too much in class, which is annoying.

Wind 3 days this week, and Sat. is suppose to rain. Some wimps in our riding group are backing out already. Going to Alamagordo then down 70 to Cruses.

Tori needs to get me info to fix her garage door opener, but she never answers her phone or Emails. Very frustrating. I know she works a lot but I can't help her if she doesn't help me first.

No comments: