Saturday, May 24, 2008

Accident and potential bad incidents


One of my riding friends, Cle Fitzpatrick, was hit today by a female left hand turner. Not him in the pic. All M/C riders must drive with your bright lights "ON" all the time. I know for sure I'm still here because of it. I have gone to putting bright reflective material on the windshields. Left hand turners are the number #1 reason for motorcycle accidents.

Slow down, turn your head, look at them, anticipate, look for a way to avoid, keep fingers/feet near the brake levers, know they're idiots and blind.

Every one of my siblings who have driven here says we have the WORST drivers (in El Paso)they've ever seen.

I'm paranoid every time I go out. I rarely have problems as soon as I get out of the city limits. My worst incidents are tail-gaters. Linda had a good idea, Turn around look at them, then I wave then off and slow down slowly until they get off my ass.
Please be careful, We all know the definition of ASSUME ("Assuming" they see you).

No comments: