Monday, May 12, 2008

Counting


I counted at least 19 motorcycles have been bought since we start our riding group in 2 1/2 years. 5 were mine. Sam's had 2, Thomas 4, Benny 1, Ken 2, Lowell 1, JD 1, Cle 1, Mark Ai 1. Mark Al 1. Reasons: Better gas mileage, want bigger bike, an accident, want more nostalgic bike, want to go riding again after raising family and more.

Me, I just want something to keep me busy, looking for something better, more comfortable, lighter.

I'm trying to get better gas mileage for most of them. Most get 45-50. The warm weather helps MPG too. Before gas went up when someone wanted more power so they added bigger carbs and aftermarket exhaust. This almost always decreases MPG, unless they get them tuned correctly. Sam was getting 35 in town and now gets 44, Thomas was getting 40 now gets 50 with his HD. I leaned both out and both run better now. Going to try 1 more time with Mark's 1100 Suzuki Friday. He only gets 29.

Oh ya, we did get a new bike for Charlie G. He has a beautiful 07 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Classic full dresser. Rides, handles, looks better and has more power. A pretty silver. He can ride 2 up now. Congrats! His is the one on the left.

Next week is the Ruidoso rally. I know 6 going.
Pic is Greenlee, Thomas and me on our Cruisers.

No comments: