Sunday, May 18, 2008

What a weekend!


Friday Mark Al... brought over his 93 Suzuki 1100 over to work on, to try and get better MPG. I tore off the carbs, checked the valves, timing, cams, intake and cam chain. Are were ok. Checked the carbs one more time. Still no problem. About 10 hours of work later I put it all back together. Started right up and has great power. The spark plugs carboned up right away. Still not fixed. Really nothing else to do. Very frustrated. This is the only bike I can't fix.

Sat. Larry, Carlos, Sam and I went to Ruidoso to the rally. Got rained on just outside Ruidoso. Got to the Convention Center, stayed 1.5 hours, had lunch prior and left just before a second rain storm started. Benny, and Carlos left 10 minutes behind us and really caught it with mud rain. I went to Thomas' house in N.E. EP. We went to look at at M/C trailer in the lower valley.

The mud rain caught up with us, REALLY BAD WIND. We decided to put my Red 1100 on the trailer because of the dirt flying. The wind blew me and the bike off the trailer. Got about $250 damage and a sore rib. It could have been much worse. Thomas did not buy the trailer, it's too far off the ground.

Working on the Red 1100, lots of super glue, epoxy filler and paint will fix many cracked instruments. The windshield is badly scratched but not broken.

No good dead goes unpunished, when will I learn? But look it's keeping me busy!

No comments: