Saturday, January 12, 2008

Retirement


No, not me! Been there, done that for 5 years already. Talking about my 15 year old 1991 brown Suzuki GSX1100G bike. 97,400 miles. Bought it new in Feb 1993. This was (is) my all time favourite bike. Fast, reliable, economical, comfortable, & fast. Even at 97400 miles it would out run all but one of my 30 friends bikes. Just not worth putting more money into it. Tires worn out, more engine noises, handling gone. Came home with a bulge in the front tire. Besides I have another one, a BMW touring bike, and a 400 dual sport. Time to move on, it's a good parts bike.

Time for a cruiser. Like Sam's Yamaha Virago 1100. Lots of torque, shaft drive too, much chrome, great handling, low and comfortable but in a different way. I'm looking, but tired of going too far to pick one up. Someone within 350 miles will be selling one by spring/summer 2008. Many used bikes just need batteries, tires, overall cleaning, carbs serviced, and/or brakes serviced to get running again. My second hobby after riding bikes.
But I'm in mourning, please pray for me and it!

No comments: